• stiff, brightly coloured paper
• craft knife, cutting mat and metal ruler
• pencil and eraser
• pictures of animals, flowers or whatever
• embroidery needle
• contrasting coloured embroidery thread
1. Use a craft knife and metal ruler to cut the paper to the correct size and fold it in half to form the cards. We used scrapbooking paper – it’s available in pretty colours and is thicker than ordinary paper, making it ideal for the cards.
2. Photocopy the animal/flower pictures, cut them out and trace the outside lines with pencil onto the front of the cards.
3. Use a contrasting coloured thread and a simple running stitch to embroider along the pencil lines of the animal shapes.
4. Place each card in an attractive envelope.
For this and other crafty ideas visit Ideas.
Looking for something specific for your next fabric project? Give us a call on our Golden Number (0861 322 839 | 0861 FAB TEX) and we’ll help you find what you need.