If you’ve popped in for a visit recently you’ll have noted the bold colours and vibrant patterns that make our fabrics so perfect for the kids. This could also mean that, like us, you've been hunting around for creative ways to put said fabric to good use. Well, have we found a winner for you - these adorable little booties are so cute and wonderfully easy to make.
- Click here to download the pattern and cut 4 tops and 4 soles out of your chosen fabric.
- Sew the right sides of 2 top pieces together, but remember not to sew along the outside line. Turn it right side out and top stitch along the edge.
- If you’re looking to add a design or appliqué to the shoe, now is the time to do it.
- With the right sides together, pin the top to 2 pieces of the sole. The buckle piece should be against the sole, allowing the toe of the shoe to overlap the buckle.
- Sew around the edge of the shoe and trim off any excess fabric.
- Turn the shoe right side out and sew a snap on the flap and the side of the shoe so as to hold the buckle in place.
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 to create the other shoe.
And there you have it, a simple yet stylish pair of booties for your little one. For this and other fabulous things to do with fabric visit http://shwinandshwin.blogspot.com/.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and stay up to date with the latest news and specials. Alternatively, give us a call on our Golden Number (0861 322 839 | 0861