What does the future hold for you? Shape your own destiny when you create these ever so easy fabric fortune cookies. We think that they are a marvellous way to deliver messages, share secrets and reveal truths.
paper word strips
circle pattern - approx. 4-5 inches in diameter
1. Using an iron apply the fusible fleece to the wrong side of your fabric.
2. Create a simple circle template. Remember the bigger the circle the bigger the fortune cookie.
3. Trace your pattern on the wrong side of your fused fabric using a fabric marker and cut out your circles.
4. Cut a piece of wire that is slightly shorter in length than the width of your circle. Leaving a small margin of space at each end, glue the wire in place
5. Cut a piece of ribbon to match the color of the inside of your cookie and glue it over the top of the wire. Let dry flat for 10 - 30 mins.
6. Create your own fortune by writing it on a strip of coloured paper approximately the same size as the ribbon.
7. Once the glue is dry it's time to fold! Place your word strip in the middle of the cookie on top of the ribbon and fold the two top ends of the circle together.
8. Bending the wire, fold the corners of the cookie towards each other. This will give you the quintessential fortune cookie shape.
9. To help your fortune cookie attain a natural "round" shape, slip your finger in the middle and push out the sides. Make sure there is a good crease down the middle as this will help secure the shape and secure your fortune.
For this and other fun crafty things to do with the fabric you buy at our stores visit http://bit.ly/7HnE8.
Facebook or follow us on Twitter and stay up to date with the latest news and specials.